During lockdown there has been much soul searching and questioning if I should continue in Practice or not, given the level of investment required and the measures we must implement to ensure the safety of everyone. Although it will not be easy, I have decided not to be beaten and to continue with The Footings and make it as safe a practice as it could possibly be! In future when attending clinic, you will be asked to:
• Stand on a disinfectant mat
• Use the hand gel provided
• Put on a mask provided
The Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) worn by the Podiatrist will consist of:
• Disposable apron
• Face Mask
• Safety Glasses
• Mop cap
• Disposable Gloves
Only one person will be allowed on the premises at a time to ensure Social Distancing unless you are from the same household, or the patient requires a carer.
• HEPA filtration unit will be constantly on during clinical sessions.
• Deep Cleaning equipment is to be used at the end of each treatment
• Whole room Disinfectant Fogging at the end of each session.
• Sneeze Screens are being installed both in clinical rooms and Reception area to further ensure safety.
As I am sure you appreciate these measures are gold standard and are being implemented to ensure safety for all concerned. As a result, I have no choice but to implement an increase in fees to reflect that standard. Therefore, Podiatry fees for consultation plus treatment will be £55. Appointments are now being prioritised for the most at risk patients, but extra clinics are being made available so we can catch up with everyone soon.